Saturday, October 27, 2012

Turned out ok

I got dressed to ride because I said, give me the time and place and I'll show up. I thought I wouldn't physically be able to get out the door because the tears started flowing. I called Pat's wife Gail, at home, because I didn't have his cell. She gave me some bs about him not turning on his phone. I went. Pat and Gail are a powerful force together and beat me at my own game.

Felt like a gorilla sitting on my back. Some riders expressed condolences, some ask 'the question', 'How A...R...E....Y...O...U...? sympathetically drawn out in that special kinda way. I'll get back to you on that when you get in touch with me, not because I showed up in your space. Really now.

After the regroup I continued on San Pablo Dam Road to ride alone, at my pace, and chill. That gorilla hopped off on the climb, thank goodness. Turned into a breakthrough ride when a youngster passed me doing his interval training. I grabbed onto the wheel and knew I had a good and generous pacesetter. Nice. Temporarily got dropped on the little butt kicker near Grizzly. I thanked him, we chatted...

When I got back to the Lake I stopped at the Farmers Market. Bicycle Coffee Co. I didn't have my own coffee cup but I did show up on a bike so I got $.50 off the cuppa Joe! Fundraiser treats at the Harvest Home Sanctuary table. Then browsed at, Lakeview Bicycle Shop a new shop on Grand.

Turned out ok. Altogether a good morning. The day is so incredibly beautiful.
Didn't ride either of these bikes ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment