Thursday, October 11, 2012

Stone Soup

The boys are here. Two of the three. The Twins. Like having TWO live wires to save yourself from.

I don't even know how I signed up. Guess I wasn't paying attention. NO PROBLEM. Hike to Sibley Round Top for volcanic geology lesson. (They are drawing pictures of the minerals they can see with the lens, as I type.)

Trip to the Post Office, then up to the grocery store. That's where they took over. Did I tell you they are 6 years old? Didn't take them long to figure out the menu after we decided what flavor ice cream we wanted ~ Mint Chocolate Chip, BRYERS of course.

They picked out enough vegetables for soup tonight and pasta tomorrow. With a baguette & real butter, of course. I told them we'd have 'champaign' to celebrate them helping me reclaim the kitchen. They already made me as happy as I could be in a grocery store. Now they were going to help me cook!

The smells are wonderful, perfect cold night for soup! The sparkling lemonade is in the fridge.

Got out the cloth napkins. Time to get out the 'wine glasses'.
Christopher & Anthony
Candles on the table and in the living room, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment