Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanks-Giving

Dinner wasn't the same without you Rich. It is true, holidays take on a different color. Nothing is the same. Not just that Rich isn't there. I've changed. I wanted to go home. It was too hard to be with everyone. Crista offered that I sit on the porch with dinner. Sara made me a plate. Separation comes in many forms.

Anthony visited a few days. His presence, just as with visits from his brother's, is a life saver to Mima. We were busy every minute it seemed, but the most significant thing the boys bring is life. And cooking! Tuesday, Anthony, Sara and I made soup, and yesterday I showed Anthony how to make cranberry sauce. It was a big hit at dinner today.

Rich's favorite of all holidays is today's. Not just the food, but a day dedicated to being grateful. As tough as life could be sometimes, Richard functioned in gratefulness, and Thanks-Giving. 

Thank you to my family, and our friends that are family. 
Gratefully yours,
Alice

Family Legacy

No comments:

Post a Comment