Thursday, November 29, 2012

Away

I may have to adjust my dream of being a traveler. It hurts to be away. I feel ripped apart. And it ain't Oakland I miss.

Sara, Oliver and I, traveling together. I hadn't seen my mom in a few years. Harry, and family, are nearby too. We are in downtown St Pete's, a few blocks from the waterfront and main attractions. As Sara said when we walked this morning, 'Who knew St. Petersburg is a destination'. The weather is fine. The hotel is sweet. The coffee is divine. You could almost like Florida. But I feel like crap.

Can't get enough oxygen. I feel like I'm going to pass out. It started on the gangway to the plane, not quite in the vertigo category, more like slight seasickness. Thank goodness Sara knows, cause she feels the same. It's a wrinkle in time, here, not here. Nauseating. Wish it weren't so. I told Sara I don't think I could have traveled alone. Yup. I know, because I don't stray too far when I am in Oakland either, except to visit Crista's gang.

It's not even three months, I remind myself.
 'Taking off'

Everything is in constant change. Before I left, I opened my home to a wonderful housemate, Emily. It is good, but another 'everything's different' moment. Life insurance. Smack. Knock down. Roll over. Dead. Benefit? Blessing. Sickening. It is what it is. Grateful for the planning. A space to recover. Recover what? 

I'm sorry, I must take a shower. Then see my mom.

It made no difference to shower. All I could think of is how RICH WOULD LOVE this bathtub.

3 P.M. coffee. Picked up a cupa' joe at the hotel java stop. I feel a little better now. Saw mom. We all had a nice visit. Oliver matching wit, intelligence and good looks with three generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment