Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Compelled

I lit Richard's candle and told him it's election night. One way or another it won't make a bit of difference to him, but that would not be the case if he were here now. We experienced a change in political interests in our home after 9/11/2001. I was the junkie and he put up with me. After 9/11 there was a 180ยบ shift.

Either way it turns out, I won't have to worry about him turning over in his grave. He's comfy at home. Tonight Summer checked on Rich's memorial for the first time, the candle, cards and chotskies.

Rich popped up in my sub-conscience during my bicycle ride today. Riding together was so rare, probably why the few experiences are so sharply focused. He spent way more time encouraging me to get out the door to ride my bike. Hiking Sunday, Rich was in the story I told Barbara of our travels across the USA in 1977, and the big hike we did in the Colorado Rockies.

Responsibilities & worries replacing time & pleasures.

Whom ever wins, I hope the other half can handle it and everyone can work together for the greater good of the whole. It's a frickin pendulum but this last few elections feels like a guillotine swinging.

Peace Richard.

1 comment: