What a responsibility to live life to the fullest without knowing the expiration date to hold me accountable! Anyway, in the meantime I'm doing some 'ghost riding' as my club friends would call it. My bicycle buddy said it was 50 miles, but maybe for him. I drove to meet up. Long slow distance (lsd) though Pat would contest the 'slow' part. A few intervals to mix it up, just enough to feel the burn, then 'slow' again.
Our family friend, Marta, died today. Stomach cancer, 31 years old.
I rode.
Last week, Sunday, a few friends were describing how to eat a pomegranate. Evidently they heard from Marta Stewart, bla, bla, bla. I didn't listen till they mentioned they heard her on Wait Wait.
STEWART: I think that people want to know how to do practical and everyday things like how to get the pomegranate seeds out of a pomegranate. Do you know how to do that?
SAGAL: No, tell me.
(LAUGHTER)
STEWART: Take the point of a sharp, sharp knife and just score through the skin and then quarter it, OK?
SAGAL: Yeah.
STEWART: Then break it into four quarters, the pomegranate, turn the quarter of the pomegranate skin side up, in the palm of your hand, and hit it with the back of a wooden spoon, over a bowl. And if you just keep hitting that skin of the quartered pomegranate in your hand, all the seeds will fall out neatly into the bowl and you will be left with an empty skin.
SAGAL: Right.
STEWART: You haven't bruised one of those beautiful little ruby-red seeds in the pomegranate.
![]() |
| http://pomegranates.org/ |

No comments:
Post a Comment