"The Oak and Cypress grow not in each others shadow", but there are no cypress in Redwood Park, I think. Not sure I like cypress trees anyway. I decided Rich a Laurel, I an Oak, on my walk with Summer today. Neither of us is a Redwood.
Richard likes fragrances, the Bay Laurel is fragrant. The Laurel in Redwood Park grow many many multiple limbs rising straight up to the sky. Richard had many many talents, and he was focused and forward looking.
I have many branches but they meander. On Oak bends, turns back, entwines. Me.
I have called upon Rich's focused and forward energy to help me these last two weeks. Even though I feel Richard, I do not think he is a spirit looking down upon me. He is in my circulatory system. I do not know what the smallest energetic thing is called that we are made up of, but that is were he is. Rich was in the house till yesterday. That was the separation I experienced. I am pretty sure Rich met me right before the first family grouping of redwoods.
On the return I saw the Laurel and Oak, 'not in each other's shadow'.
I understand ritual and worship. I grew up with church, where I first met Rich, and married. It is the good and generosity in people that Rich and I experienced this year. It is not salvation, nor is it enlightenment, or any other name. It is the stream of humanity that watered our roots, gave sunshine to our leaves, and a rainbow above our heads in the golden sky.

No comments:
Post a Comment