Alexandra and Richard have continued on a journey. We are linked on a new dimension. I don't like it though. I cannot feel them, hear them. I can talk and I can walk where they walked, hug the children they hugged. I cannot see from their eyes. Hear from their ears. Touch with their arms.
It is insane. It is life. I feel the responsibility.
I express joy, yet it feels like practice.
I cannot sleep. It is both enough and too much.
We'll see. Week four.
Went to the exhibit. Heard again, 'he went out his way'. I guess that brings consolation to some on some level. It misses the mark for me. Rich wanted to live to 85. Like his dad, my dad. To me it falls into the category of... 'He's in a better place'. I'm not angry or upset about what people say, or what they believe. Doesn't resonate for me.
We miss our people.

"We miss our people." Simply stated, that tells me all I need to know.
ReplyDeleteWhat everyone wants to say is, "This sucks Alice. This is awful and horrible and we all just feel dreadful, but we don't want to make you cry. We wish we could give you a hug and make it all better. We know we can't."
Remember you are needed. We miss you. Many people asked about you yesterday at the Burning Man program, we are all sending you healing strength in our thoughts and prayers.