Rich's watch alarm sounded and flashed at 8 a.m. Hadn't heard that one before this morning. Go figure. Have you seen the movie, 'Stranger Than Fiction'? "This is a story about a man named Harold Crick and his wristwatch." It's a favorite of mine and one Rich has watched with me multiple times. I'm not one for the movies, because if you didn't already know, I'm pretty opinionated and critical (even if I don't know how to spell). To find a movie I like is a bonus, but to watch any movie more than once is very unusual.
I slept thru the night with some help from Advil PM. Advice I took from a good friend after three restless nights. But it didn't help the separation from a loved one. I say it that way because I've got friends that are family that have are grieving as well.
A good friend of Rich and I, called and asked me to meet her for coffee on Piedmont Ave. Afterward I drove to Mountain View Cemetery, a place Rich and I would visit for the beautiful hills and panoramic views of the east bay and San Francisco. I drove to the top most hill, the Chinese section. Don't know if it by design or not, but I do know there are many different sections. It is a nice area of flat stones buried among the lawn. I went for the view and peace and quiet and stayed to mourn.
Though Rich is not 'buried' there, I think it is a good place to go. I didn't appreciate that till today.
It has always struck me how we use our open spaces. Mt View is a wonderful 'park'. Walkers, runners, dog walkers, and even some bicyclist, mixed in with those 'paying respect' to family and friends. Flowers, whirly gigs, and chalk drawings, too. I thought about the paper Xu Yuan lanterns Sherry and Harry sent me. Maybe this would be a place to set them off into the sky after the rainy season soaks everything green again. Or to Pt Reyes, Richard and my first stop in the San Francisco bay Area 35 years ago! Yes, I am all over the place.
Saturday, September 29, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have spent many hours in the cemetery-walking, running, strolling and sitting. It's beautiful and full of history. It's Henry's favorite place.xoxo
ReplyDelete