Monday, September 17, 2012

Dusty Monday


Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.

Today I picked up Rich's ashes and death certificates. Joe D drove me. I could not have gone alone. I do not know how widows stand up and sit down, shake hands, hug and kiss people during memorials. Ellen G says, I have a Lion Heart too.

One thing I realized, and I may be wrong, maybe it is better to do all this memorializing quicker? Seems  cruel and unusual to do a memorial a couple of weeks out. This year has been cruel and unusual. Probably the timing isn't the issue. It is grief and timing is irrelevant. Necessary.

It occured to me why Ritual is so important. Why people believe in GOD. Wether you believe a loved one is in heaven, we on earth feel like hell and need some star dust to get thru the separation.

Dusty Monday.

Sarah H and Amy D met me when we got home. Didn't really see how I had it in me to set up the art exhibit, but my friends made it easy. We almost completed the task, some fine tuning to be done, glass cleaning. Oliver and Giovanna checked the sound system and lights. Myra came with goodies that I'll bring back for the finale. After the dust settles I'll see if Rich noted shot locations on his computer. Everyone asks.

Dusty Monday.



1 comment:

  1. The locations are the titles of his photos... looks good Mom. It could not have been done quicker. It is best this way! All in perfect timing, even if it doesn't makes sense... Dad will be very happy about his service.

    ReplyDelete