This morning I was looking out the back window of my neighbors house, with his kids. I wanted them to see the crescent moon and Venus. The sky was brightening and the clouds along the east bay hills were turning pink. I felt Alexandra there, the way I feel Rich when I look at the stars from my back porch. Same stars, two houses down. I told the kids how much alike we are, all of us. I was thinking of their mom but didn't want to impose my image on them on their way out to school. I said we are all a part of one another and the stars too. My next thought was, even anger, a short madness, is part of me, and you. An energy source of sorts. Proceed with caution?
After starting the clean out in the basement and Rich's flat files, I know why 'survivors' leave belongings untouched. So difficult, better left for later? I on the other hand am plowing into it. Kicking up dust. Creating a clearing. Rich is there. Lots of music. I have work to do to post his music. I also have drawings of logos in development, napkin art. I will figure out this presentation.
*CAUTION tape used to close off the road for the National Night Out Block Party, found in basement clean out! Rich and I had our last dance at that party, August 7th, 2012.

No comments:
Post a Comment