Saturday, December 22, 2012

Bear Hugs

Rich visited me in my dream last night. I think it is a first. At least I woke at my usual 3 am and remembered the dream. I proceeded to reconstruct it over and over for the last few hours. 

Sara, Crista and I were walking. I do not know where we were. Oddly enough we were walking around bends on a path. But I think the path was paved, concrete, not like the Bay Trail or in the Redwoods, or Pt Reyes, or.... WAIT! maybe it was Pigeon Point, at least I hope it was somewhere I can enjoy visiting and not a shopping maul, or grocery store.

He tackled Crista first, lifted her off her feet in a bear hug, spinning her around like she was 6 years old. He looked good. I wasn't so surprised to see him as I was to see the tackle. As I was considering this he put her down then dashed like a maniac to Sara and did the same thing. I could just smile. He lifted her right off her feet and spun her in circles of joy. Crista looked stunned but happy. As he came towards me I could see he just had a hair cut but the style was different. He looked different. Strong, carefree. 

Then he lifted ME off my feet too! Hysterical. When he put me down he said, yeah, my hair feels odd. Do you have scissors? It was an 80's, long on top. So, the kids could have been 6 and 8! Rich said the sides were short enough but the top had to go. Weird, huh. He was laughing as he spoke. Took the scissors and whacked off the long locks on top! (if you could see my spelling before spellcheck, you'd be hysterical too!)
Ok, I figured it out! Sara posted a profile photo of herself on dad's shoulders at Pt Reyes, at 4 and 6. I saw it last night! I also passed on the 'golden' drum set to the boys and Annika last night. 


No comments:

Post a Comment