you can see the stars"
Charles Beard
The moon in the morning is a growing moon, evening, receding moon. Full can only be opposite the sun. Venus has sisters that shine in the sky wether I recognize them or not. The planets are there but I do not yet know how to pick them out. I do appreciate that they are being pointed out.
The stars have been a major part of my connection to Rich. Now I am seeing the connection to the planets and proceeding with a life within reach. Tides, the love of the ocean, air, high and low pressure, wind, fog, clouds, clear sky. Weather, GPS and road maps shared. Point of view, direction, distance, destination. Birds, rocks, sea life to explore. Mark time shared.
Humor, peacefulness, patience with my impatience and constant motion. Moon and tides. Planets, dusk to dawn. Meeting 'music you can see, dance you can hear.' One identity begins another ends, fluidly. Reaching for what is familiar with the endless possibilities of discovery. Alongside, thru out the day.
The change is not so drastic when I consider it is I that am changing. Richard remains the same, never older than 58. I will catch up to him in July, than pass him in age. Richard left a foundation of love, consideration, appreciation, music and visual attentiveness. I build on that.
'Wilber's heart brimmed with happiness"... Martha Hickman writes, 'In this beloved children's story, Charlotte's Web, we see one of the secrets of healing from grief - the passing on of one's love for the departed to others who come after.… If we have been blessed with a good relationship, now distanced by death, it is an honorable and praiseworthy legacy of that relationship to pass on our love'.
Healing After Loss

No comments:
Post a Comment