come alive
Hard to believe I haven't posted since October 19th.
A good sign in many ways.
Busy redefining a life that left me no choice but to redefine the many parts disrupted, blown apart, giving away from below. Some sense of doom has lifted allowing the brain cells to align creatively. Room now to express something that is not within me, to be discovered. Video, a medium that calls me to reach out.
Tech Liminal Oakland, Video Workshop: Presenter Konda Mason,
“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
Howard Thurman
I like this seasonal change, I like this crazy space between weather fronts, being between the high and the low, zipping up my collar up around my scarf against the wild wind. Feeling unsettled on the outside confirming that what is on the inside is part of a larger picture of destroy, create, rebuild, relax, conflict, observe, contribute, receive.
This life stream has been full, sometimes to overflowing, sometimes a trickle, but never bone-dry. Not alone, nor lonely, I visit those places unexpectedly tho not surprisingly. What I've learned, nothing moves fast, nothing slow. I don't accept it most of the time. I didn't say I have to like it either. At this time something is giving way rather than giving away.
No comments:
Post a Comment