Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Who knew?


Did I say that before?

I don't like to start my sentences with 'I', nor ask questions. 


Thanksgiving is coming in a couple of weeks. We, Sara, Crista and I, are each on our own. I think it is a good thing in this case. We are pretty prickly, maybe a little less so than during the one year mark, but still so.

We all have some semblance of a life that is a remnant of the life we used to know. Now we think we know. We don't. I don't. Paperwork, closet, shed. Numbers. What will bring me to the edge.

What will bring me back. Do I want to come back from the edge. To know it will always be there is not a consolation. So what. It moves. There are days it is not within sight or reach. It's ok to come and go.
Richie's happiest remembrance of childhood
was the year and a half the family lived in WA.
We passed thru in 1977 and found the neighbor
 he was friends with 10+ years prior.
The door opened and
Rich got the biggest bear hug!





No comments:

Post a Comment