Sunday, November 24, 2013

Even as

a day goes by

Today was my yard clean up after the big wind storm that passed thru Thursday Night and Friday. Fence down, tree limb busted, jade bush broken, tarp blown off the yard furniture. Joel helped me with everything heavy, cutting the big branches, lifting and evaluating the fence repair and hauling the stuffed green bin up the driveway.

'walking stick'
There is a tall crooked dried smooth stick leaning up against the house near the green bin. Been there for a while and a hard one to dispose of, so it stays there. Joel asked if I wanted it cut up for the bin. It was kinda a breath taking moment, but the answer was no. Couldn't explain why. Not then.

After cleaning up I'm back in the office preparing for a short Thanksgiving week of work for Creativemark, reviewing files I need. I found something I wasn't looking for.


Richard was not a hiker. It didn't matter the distance or speed he walked, if he would just come out with me once in a while, take his camera, that was a gift. To share what you love. It's a gift. Sibley Round Top might have been one of those too infrequent walks where he found this cool 'walking stick'.


"Thank You Alice"


No comments:

Post a Comment