Saturday, February 2, 2013

RedTailDog

Kick Off

As of now, I'm registered for Pro Arts East Bay Open Studio, sharing exhibit space with 40 other artists at Jack London Square at the old Barnes & Noble site, the first two weekends in June.

I have work to do. I will need to update my RedTailDog website to reflect my current  journey. I am excited to see how this develops. I am creating work and identifying time and space to do it. I am including Richard's work at Jack London Square where we've exhibited a few times. My new website will also be a link to Richard's multiple sites. Richard Leon Fine Art Prints for one.

The children in my life are my influence. Jonathan, because I can look and see him and am comfortable drawing him. I am less nervous drawing around kids. Naomi, because she has taught me to draw always, and paint with abandon (which I plan to do soon). For the rediscovery of my inner child during this time of grief and drastic change. The experience of living with a terminally ill husband, friend, business partner creates a unique vulnerability. I'll turn that vulnerability into my strength. Expose myself to me. Seeing as process.


1 comment: