Saturday, February 9, 2013

Girl From The Bronx

(thanks David N for the reminder, and encouragement, as usual)

I scratched a hole in my leg today while describing to a friend how I figured how to move past being angry at a particular situation. I've NEVER scratched a hole in my leg before. As my shin bled, my awareness changed. I can't, and don't need to, manage some things that impact me. 

This 'tough girl' ~ me, initiated a conversation with David about the Girl from the Bronx months ago. As we visited today at the memorial of a mutual friend, David said, what ever happened to the girl form the bronx idea? I bought the domain as soon as I got home. 

Girl from the Bronx is my compassionate, creative, curious, just don't mess with me self. That kid that grew up in the Bronx, married Rich, moved across country, had two kids, started and lost a few businesses, bought a house, became a Mima, and cared for a dying man. 



1 comment: