Wednesday, February 20, 2013

photography


Can you guess where Rich took these photos?

Appropriate that I have no pictures to go along with my posts this week, besides photos already on this lap top. I carried Rich's gear with me to SLO to 'acquaint' myself with Nikon. The camera weight alone is a discourager, though may give me reason to go to the gym for upper body exercise. If I spend time with the camera I spend less time with drawing. Time.* I say that because I took my little Canon ELPH to Pt Reyes and though I did draw, I thought I'd record some shots of what I was drawing, then didn't put the camera away. It is so much easier to shoot than draw. Yes I can do both. I do have everything with me, that is except the cord to upload my pics to the laptop. So here are some from Richard, 2006. Not SLO but very close to how it is here this week. 










I am also doing the work of 'The Artist's Way' by Julia Cameron. 
I am grateful for that.

* 'Art is the act of structuring time.

Every loss must be viewed
 as a potential gain,
it is all in the framing.
Every end is a beginning.
We know that.
But we tend to forget it 
as we move through grief.'

p.134, 135

2 comments:

  1. I just created a profile so I can comment, let's see if I did it correctly.

    ReplyDelete