Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Bay Bridge

bike / pedestrian path  

Nice to be on a new ride. Even the trail leading to the bridge is interesting. The new bridge itself felt so familiar from all the photos posted on FaceBook from 1st time riders and walkers. It is good to go with this PokeSlow bicycle group that has carried me thru some tough times, mostly without them even knowing they were making a difference.

How odd to be on this new bridge and look south at the old. 
The old, next to the new. The old waiting. The new not yet complete. 
I knew what this bridge would mean to me. Rich and I took photos on Christmas Day 2010. No one was anywhere around. The guard was asleep while we spent over an hour right under the construction on Treasure Island. I told Rich to please NOT publish the photos. Not because I though the one sleeping security guard would loose his job but that we might be tracked down for a security breach. Rich loved to explore locations when he needed a particular angle and usually could get a reading to go it alone THEN show me his work!



No comments:

Post a Comment