Thursday, April 11, 2013

Jump

'Jump'
Joseph Campbell

'I am patient. I am able to live with ambiguity. I am able to allow situations to evolve and alter. I am able to await outcomes....'
HEART STEPS Julia Cameron

Never thought of myself in either capacity a year ago. Both quotes resonate.


I've been on my bike twice this week. First time in a while ~ chest cold, then strained quad from a slip down hill on a hike. I have a riding buddy that says it is good to be seen with me. I say, what time & where. He helps me sort out what I am up for and we roll. Mutual admiration in spandex. That sounds funny.

I often think of how Rich pushed me out the door when I needed the push. I think how hard he worked while I was riding. He'd just say, 'ride'.

Rich in a tie. Me, shoulder pads and lifted collar combo with the rolled magazine necklace one of the kids made. Sara was 11, Crista, 9. 


Seven months later I still feel like Rich should be walking in the door. The separation is heart wrenching. In my mind I know he is not going to come up from the studio, but the physical reality of so many years of connection takes on a life of it's own. 'Jump'

No comments:

Post a Comment