How are we to survive. A fine line between victims and survivors. We cannot assume we are all survivors, sometimes survivors fall victim after they appear strong. Resilient.
Sometimes this amazing world we live in is a very sad and terrible place to be. Sometimes the amazing people we love put us at odds with our very own lives when they no longer exist.
One life. Effects us all. I was thinking this morning how many lives each one of us impacts in ways we do not even know. How I have not been in my grief alone. No one really know how to be in this place of grief. How do we support one another.
We have yet another chance to see how we behave in the unbelievable senseless destruction of lives. We are a cruel species. We are a selfless species. So many people ran towards the destruction, damage, death, not knowing if there was more to come.
![]() |
| Boston.com ~ video link |
I was told again tonight how strong I am. I took my chance going out to a business function. Each time I've done that I see someone who asks how Rich is. We run towards destruction daily. We are all strong to some extent. We are compassionate and loving and caring. We have lots of annoying characteristics too, plenty. But what do we remember about a person we love. That is the quality people see in me as a caretaker, widow. And it is wholly true. But it is true for you too. You were my arms and legs, my tears and despair. You ran towards me, towards Richard.
How much capacity do we have. We hope we never need to find out. We will find out.

What does it even mean to be a "survivor"? People have told me that's what I am. I think it makes them worry less about me if they think I'm a survivor. Being a survivor doesn't imply much joy or passion-it's setting the bar very low.
ReplyDelete