a little scared, and sad too.
Friday:
I knew today was the day. My warrior support just encourages me to use the assets at my feet. From playing broom hockey and tying shoe laces, with a four year old, to meeting up for a reentry ride after an injury and chest cold, with my bicycle riding accountability partner. Both ends of the spectrum, holding up the mirror of authenticity, trust and empowerment. Keeping my feet moving.
I knew today was the day. My calls and emails returned, ready to proceed with business. The warrior support came from Rich himself. I can hear him when I ask, what the heck did I get myself into now? Where the heck is your FileMaker Pro! Mystery.
Friday night:
Family bed on the 7th month anniversary.
After the bereavement group meeting, I get ready for bed. Sara and Emily popped in. Oliver comes over to pick up Sara. Just like that, Oliver settles onto the bed, Emily and Sara stake a claim and the visit proceeds just like the old days. CA King feather bed convention. We've had three generations in our bed at once. A level playing field!
Odd entry to a new day. Strange sense of weight. I got dressed to ride. Looks crummy out but no cancelation call, just a mild anxiety about going. Turns out my riding buddy was feeling unsettled too so we did a 'triple', maybe a total of three miles with turn around back for coffee. It was just a drizzle.
Unsettled. Off kilter. A little scared, and sad too.
No comments:
Post a Comment