When someone asks, 'How you doin'?' As a NY'er you answer with, 'How YOU doin'?' And move on. It's a greeting that means Hey. Hello. Hi there. It doesn't imply you are expecting an answer about how you are doing.
Well, my answer is, 'do you really want to know?' If there is one time in my life where I am ready to break the mold, this is it, because we are, some of us more than others, in free fall, cut loose, no mold. What an opportunity. An opportunity to break away from what we perceive as normal. Normal is imposed anyway, so no big deal. BTW, I consider myself very normal. Some may question that. I'm working on more people questioning that! Mostly me.
You can probably credit Breanna as much as anyone for bringing me to this precipice. And of course all those that have helped lead me towards myself.
So... How YOU doin'? will become, how are you doing? HOW ARE YOU? What are you up to? How are you managing in the physical, mental, emotional world we share AND what keeps you moving the direction you want, with the bumps, bruises, barriers, pot holes, the love, support, encouragement and example of the people in your life that help you find your way?
Let's come up with ground rules and we'll merge them into an agreement.
How am I? I am great. I am angry. I am too many things to list in this intro.
I'd like to propose a conversation with the jump off point being...
How YOU doin'? Whatcha doin'?
I personally hope that we can mix it up here. No matter your political, geographic, ethnicity, age, marital, economic, kids, no kids, education and, or boots on the ground 'status'.
I'll start...
All views are acceptable, personal attack are NOT acceptable
Back up opinions, with personal experience & action
Support one another, and our business's
If you can't afford to shop, refer. Barter can work, sharing too
Support our own 'currency', especially currency that enrolls rather than isolates!
Peace out homies!
A /
Thank you so much for re-starting your blog! And it's apropos that it was on 11/1/11 because we are really all one.
ReplyDeleteAs more things happen the world and to those around me, I am even more grateful for my life-changing accident and resulting brain injury of last year. Sure, some very unpleasant stuff has occurred for me, but with time I'm realizing that much more pleasant, beneficial, and spiritually expansive stuff has resulted from the accident. I'm even hesitant to continue to call it an "accident" and may just start referring to it as an "event" instead.
I don't think I would have been able to open up in the way I have and essentially "turn on" like folks were advocating back in the 60's had it not been for this event. I've literally been turned on to the wonderful energy that is in all of us and that surrounds us.
I look forward to sharing more thoughts and ideas, and generally growing, with you and everyone on this blog.
Peace, sister. And remember to take care of each other, y'all.
Thanks Cee Bee!
ReplyDelete& thanks Barb!