Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Vernix Caseosa

Skin. Deep.

Since I've last written, my nails have grown in, unobstructed by poking and pealing, they are nice and strong, and now need nail clippers. The outward is beginning to sync with the inside. The major lifting has settled. I'm getting stronger on my bicycle. The minor is settling, too. It's ok to chill.

Maybe that is why now the memories free float. I imagined, wrongly, that time takes care of sadness. Time allows the place for sadness to reside. Time also allows anger it's place. Like a tide with a very long gravitational pull. Sneaker waves. Temperature and seasonal influences. 

Birthdays. Richard caught Sara. In his very own hands he saw his reflection. Surprise. What was more memorable, our new baby, or the impact on Richie? Almost football sized, dark hair, healthy shoulders, gutsy cry, long fingers and toes, vernix ~ that new life smell, that he said he would never forget.
There is no need to worry that we will forget. Our lives coat one another on a cellular level from the time we know and love one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment