Had to slow down the last couple of days. Not sure what hit me but it gave me the chance to not quite relax, but to let the spinning top come to its angle of repose.
Sad to not see any meteors very early Tuesday and Wed mornings.
Wednesday, I walked outside one more time before I headed to Adrian and Naomi's. Still dark, more than an hour before sunrise. Standing on my viewing platform out the back door, my private dark sky, I asked Rich, 'What's happening?'
A light appeared as bright as Jupiter, near Jupiter, not a flash, but more like a incandescent light bulb, on ~ off. I thought it was a star, stationary and bright, then I thought it was an optical illusion, maybe a mirror of Jupiter.
I have a good friend that readily admits to finding meaning in stuff that happens around her. I admit I see things for the beauty of the moments they present and meaning slides in anyway.
My first thought after I realized I DID see a meteor, was the suddenness, the brightness, the quiet passing.


No comments:
Post a Comment