| Mima and JonJon from another era. We all are little blinking stars to one another, here now and later. |
Tuesday, August 26, 2014
Scars do not go away...
...they fade, or you hide them, or maybe flaunt them.
We may not even be aware of a small dissonance in the skin that covers us, or what is under that skin, supporting that outer layer from collapsing like a discarded snake skin.
What leaves a scar on one, may not on another. It's tricky. We are more alike than not, but those minuscule differences, keep us apart, or attract us to one another.
When I heard Robin Williams died, I was shocked. He was here one moment, than not. What do I know of the man but that he was like a neighbor you could count on being around over the years, spreading magic when your paths crossed.
What do I know of my nephew Kurt, and his wife, Laurie? She is here one moment, gone the next. I forget each generation has trauma like that, not just the old ones. I don't know why it is a surprise. Death has hit close to home over the years. Adults, and children have come into, and gone from our lives.
When Laurie died, so much life dribbled back into the universe, hers, mingling with Rich, my sister, Betsy, dad, rereleasing loss, sadness and grief that we do not completely recover from. Faded, hidden wounds. Scars pulsing like the stars that generate their own energy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment