...dad
on his birthday
or Thanksgiving
his favorite holiday
rather than Sept 5
his death a blink in time
his life a lifetime
Rich spent his lifetime being alive as a human could be. In spite of shortcomings, he was courageous enough to validate that life, and his dying, and that aspect of his time with each of us.
His death is an extension of his sometimes overwhelming power to want to live to the fullest, and in that he was painfully successful. I realized there was no option. Life leaves no options, you do, or you don't, at every breath.
I have my daughters, and their families. Together we are a three legged stool. We aren't always enthusiastic about that connectedness, but the value instilled was an agreement Rich and I made very early on in our relationship. No matter what, we will not close the doors of communication. Blessings outweigh the difficulty of keeping dialogue open.
Thank you Rich for that all important partnership,
lifting one another when we couldn't find our feet.
Friday, September 5, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment