Thursday, August 18, 2016

Hidden Labyrinth

one I found then turned around
one I walked was happenstance
the place I visit regularly hiding 
waiting to be discovered alone
off the beaten path not the first
the second long pants help
my hat and sun glasses too
70Âș no shade and enough
bush whacking to feel remote




one then another I could not 
walk past beaten overgrown 
secret but to the rabbit dragonfly
and me still discovering 
journeying in the giant backyard
of my home parks labyrinth
searching for the entrance hiding
three starts when I saw it I
started again




give up the plan take the journey
though my trails change with 
light of day and season
we know one another old friends
know this maze mostly hidden 
its complex and circuitous route
revealing itself each dizzying step 
each turn a small labyrinth within
the larger form to be revealed




discovery consolation compassion
reveal each step one at a time
life death one and the same
small revelation close within
at each turn new vistas within 
my gaze close and beyond 
bay hills pacific fog western edge
many stops then something
shinny coins an offering






Dedicate this small adventure to my grandkids

















No comments:

Post a Comment