Monday, August 29, 2016

Adobe

Harvest

With my NY winter childhood igloo building experience, I might be able to think of something to build with my adobe.


No end of summer harvest to speak of. Adobe. Non edible garden. I suspect I could reproduce this adobe effort. Instead I'm thinking of planting succulents and save the water. Good local produce available year round as needed. 

I'm relieved to have discovered the horrible soil I created. I thought it was the worm tea! 

Speaking of worms, I am very successful at raising worms. The problem is, I really don't know what to do with the organic matter they so diligently produced. It's really beautiful and dark and nice texture full of nutrients. I have an new chance ahead of me, if I can muster the courage.


I have had tremendous luck with those red wiggliers. I was hesitant to adopt them for fear of killing them off. 


I have had as much success creating BioStack 'mulch' as growing lettuce, though I hope to have a new bunch of soil as part of my potato experiment. I 'hilled' those buggers with real soil, mulch and unfinished browns to create soil as I was growing potatoes. Youtube.




 We'll see about that 'soil' experiment. So far my potato harvest looks similar to the seed potatoes I planted in the spring, as did my red onions.  My tomatoes, I ate one, before some creature got the next two that were ripening. Same with my strawberries. I already pulled up the dead and dying lettuces. It is more like a tease than a garden.


my feet


my shadow


Didn't trust my soil, so I used the good stuff
my neighbor gave me, in the planters.



No comments:

Post a Comment