yeah right
Physical Therapy today brought Rich back to me. It was not the hands on positioning of my pelvis to help learn what the mechanics are that are hurting my stride and pedal stroke, though that strong hand pressing and sense of relief from pain, if I could carry it with me, would be a thing of pleasure.
As it is, I asked, how long will it take to heal and strengthen these muscles? I was thinking a year, because I've had the issue for two years. No, 'six weeks. It's mechanical. You do this, you will get that result. You are not special. You want what others have and get the info and treatment that provide the relief. You don't want to be unique'.
'No one finances orphan drugs'.
I said I know. Rich had stomach cancer. Bottom of the list of cancers that have generous funding and research. He said, 'my father died of stomach cancer years ago, dead in 5 months.' I asked how old his father was. '59'.
Rich was 58.
Rich was brought back to me today. Maybe my injury is more closely related to Rich than the possibility that being clipped into my bicycle, repetitive pedal motion and bike fit, might have had something to do with it. It hurt back then, but I was cutting back on my riding, and intensity. Riding to take a break, not enough to be in pain. Until a year after his death when I was gearing up and doing the rides I used to do. That is when I felt the debilitating pain.
And today... Some things can heal in six weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment