Wednesday, June 26, 2013

A draft

To create by thinking and writing: compose

I am not married. Last year was my last anniversary. June 25th is no longer my anniversary. I went ringless today.

Didn't expect to feel so strongly about defining myself. I am not married. 'till death do us part' One, or both of us? Never ever thought of it before, ever.

Rich's birthday was yesterday. That is what I celebrate. Rich powered me thru the day yesterday. I collapsed today when it hit me my marriage is dead too.

Took me months to process that our business died Sept 5, 2012. It went with Rich. My clients said yes when I asked if they would like to continue working with me, a woman owned business.

Rich's birthday. It was the first time in over 35 years it wasn't our anniversary too. Today I packed my backpack for the first time ever. I will be under the stars for my birthday.

Congratulations to couples that have equal rights and privileges Richard and I participated in for so many years. May no one take this for granted. May no one have the legal right to restrict equality. 


No comments:

Post a Comment