Sunday, January 22, 2012

lilies of the field

No one in front no one in back. I only realized when I got home it wasn't just because the weather was inclement! Oh jeez forgot the 9er's are keeping peeps indoors too! Shaman on me!


My fixie ride was GREAT! I had no timeline, no particular agenda at all. The weather determined my ride. One long grinding interval into the wind. Gotta love those thighs! And my butterfly bike just lifted me straight into the gusts! A professional bike fitter told me recently that it is more tiring on a trainer / indoors then outdoors because the wind helps hold you up! I love that!


In fact on my hike at Round Top w/ Summer yesterday, there was a kite, the small hawk, not the one on a string, hovering in the same spot motionless. I thought, it must be true that the wind can hold me up too!

Yesterday's hike was wonderful. Sunny and the wind really blowing! Wet trails and long views. 'Civilization' is creeping closer to my beloved parks. Like we fricken need more houses. Not just houses, luxury homes, for the homeless 1%'ers I guess.


So, with that backdrop, this is my next thought… we are the same as these hills. We are the grasses and out croppings, the quarried rock and the grazing cows and cow pies too. I had a flashback to the 'lilies of the field', Matthew 6:28. 'they do not labor or spin'. I'm not thinking of what we wear on the outside, but our concerns, our reasoning, the question, an answer. It was a relief to become part of the landscape for that moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment