Thursday, January 5, 2012

Ah, Skyline

Tunnel Road was wonderful. Even the cracks and crevices couldn't ruin that climb. I have affectionate memories of that hill. Probably similar to a woman that has more than one kid. All my memories came forward, Big Al teaching me my first time up to 'walk the dog', sit, spin, shift down, stand, pick a tune to keep pace with, like row, row, row your boat…The time I dedicated the climb to my sister, as hard as it was as a new rider, it wasn't anything at all like what Betsy endured. The climb has become easier, because I have learned how to climb. No longer row, row, row. Now it is …welcome the mountain, let it come to you, be one with the mountain. Thanks to Racer Fred for those words of wisdom. And they are true, especially when you ride alone, at your pace, or with faster riders that roll back down the hill to walk you up! That is a lovely experience and much better than the considerate rider that thinks they are doing a favor by slowing down and conversing with me, WHEN I CAN'T BREATH to talk =)


Ah, Skyline Blvd. What a beautiful day, sunny, 60ยบ and quiet in the hills!


I was successful taking it easy, I got back to the hood in one piece. AND UP the Brookdale kicker, to get home, with singing thighs and all!

= )

A /


No comments:

Post a Comment