
No, you are not seeing double, you are looking at one picture I pulled off the internet, because the two that have adopted me do not pose so nicely but look identical to this. Friday was a day for the birds to begin with, so I was not surprised that these two seemed to follow me home. I heard them in the front, went inside to make myself a snack, heard them in the backyard, walked outside with the loaf of cinnamon raisin bread and a slice in hand and in no time one came flying onto my arm, the other to a branch within my reach, and I just picked him up. Now I have two birds, one in hand the other sitting on me, and I need to get into the basement, not upstairs with a big dog and big cat. I pound on the door with my foot. The birds seem to be ok with that. Rich opens the door and in I walk past a guy with the most surprised look on his face. Thus begins my bird story.
Flash forward to today... the birds are musically inclined. I put a radio in the room with KPFA talk, Rich changed it to music and we had a party, dancing and singing, head bobbing, wing shrugging (kinda like shoulder shrugs). Eventually they wore me out. After we feed them dinner, Rich played guitar. This I didn't see, but I heard Q U I E T ! He lulled them to sleep! Too funny! Now that never happened with the cat and dog! So cool, that makes up for my bandaged fingers!
No comments:
Post a Comment